The 2019 Show will be held on Saturday 7th September
Stone and Silsden Meadows, Chalfont St Giles, HP8 4QF (South of Pheasant Hill).
Competition Classes | Division M | Division A | Online Entry Form
Sponsored by Wheelhouse Veterinary Centre
This division does NOT allow you to register online.
Please refer any queries in this division to the Dog Show Co-ordinator
Stacie Carey at the Wheelhouse Veterinary Surgery - 01494 871329
Entry to the companion dog show is available at the Wheelhouse Stand from 11:30am to midday on Show day.
You can download and print entry forms by clicking here for a PDF Document.
About the Companion Dog Show
Does your dog have the waggiest tail? Perhaps your pup is a seasoned show-stopper? There's something for every K9 and keeper at the Chalfont St. Giles Companion Dog Show.
For many Bucks locals, the first Saturday in September is the time of the year for the community to gather for one of the area's biggest events. The Chalfont St. Giles Show, now well over 100 years old, has since developed into a much loved calendar event for the whole family.
The Companion Dog Show remains an ever popular staple to the programme, with entries from far and wide as well as local owners with dogs of all shapes, sizes and breeds. There are 4 Pedigree Classes (plus Best in Show), and 6 Novelty Classes (plus Best in Show).
Entry to the Companion Dog Show is available at the Wheelhouse Veterinary Centre stand from 11:30• Pedigree Classes – Commencing 12:15
• Class 1 Any Variety Puppy (6-12m)
• Class 2 Pedigree Sporting
• Class 3 Pedigree Non-Sporting
• Class 4 Veteran (8 years old +)
Winners of above classes go through to Pedigree Best in Companion Dog Show Final
• Class 5 Best In Show
• Novelty Classes – Commencing 14:30
• Class 6 Cutest Puppy (6-12m)
• Class 7 Golden Oldie (8 years +)
• Class 8 Best Condition (All ages)
• Class 9 Sausage and Spoon Race
• Class 10 Best Fancy Dress: Dog and Owner
• Class 11 Most Appealing Eyes
• Class 12 Best Child Handler, (Under 6’s will need to be accompanied by an adult)
• Class 13 Waggiest Tail
Winners of above classes go through to Novelty Best in Companion Dog Show Final
• Class 14 Best In Show
The dog show and competitions are held under Kennel Club rules and regulations
• Please leave bitches in season at home
• Ensure that your dog has a supply of water available
• DO NOT leave dogs in hot cars
• Dogs that have won any of the following awards are not eligible for entry at Companion Dog Shows:
• Challenge Certificate (Pedigree Classes only)
• Reserve Challenge Certificate (Pedigree Classes only)
• Junior Warrant (Pedigree Classes only)
• Judging for classes 1-5 will commence at 12:15
• Judging for classes 6-12 will commence at 14:30
Winners of Classes 1 to 4 go through to the Best Pedigree in Companion Dog Show Final
Winners of Classes 6 to 13 go through to the Novelty Best in Companion Dog Show Final
Class 5 Best in Show
Class 6 Cutest Puppy (6-12 months)
Class 7 Golden Oldie (8 years +)
Class 8 Best Condition (All Ages)
Class 9 Sausage and Spoon Race
Class 10 Best Fancy Dress: Dog and Owner
Class 11 Most Appealing Eyes
Class 12 Best Child Handler (Under 6s will need to be accompanied by an adult)
Class 13 Waggiest Tail
Class 14 Best in Show
The Dog Show and competitions are held under Kennel Club rules and regulations
As well as trophies for the winner of each class, rosettes will be awarded for the top 6.
Application for this division is not available online. You may apply by completing a PDF entry forms downloadable from the links nearer the top of the page or which will be available on the day on the Wheelhouse stand.